Terms, Conditions and Declaration and Consent from Applicant/s and/or Guarantor
Responsible Lending: You are protected by responsible lending laws. Because of these protections, the recommendations given to you by us, the lender about this consumer loan are not regulated financial advice. This means that duties and requirements imposed on people who give financial advice do not apply to these recommendations. This includes a duty to comply with a code of conduct and a requirement to be licensed. Crester Credit Co Limited is a responsible lender.
- You agree that these terms will apply to your application for finance from Crester Credit Co Limited (“Crester Credit”), and Quick Loans (part of Crester Credit).
- Crester Credit is collecting personal information about you in your online application for finance.The information is being collected for the purposes set out in clause 4 below and will be held by Crester Credit at its head office at 3 Shirley Road, Christchurch. We may not receive or give out information for any purpose other than those listed in paragraph 4.
- If you do not provide all or any part of the information requested on the application form your application for finance may be declined.
- The information is being collected for all or any of the following purposes:
(a) To decide whether or not to grant a loan,
(b) Enforcing payment and other legal obligations owed by me to Crester Credit,
(c) Administering the loan,
(d) Verifying your identity as may be required from time to time by the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009 and regulations,
(e) To offer you further finance,
(f) Advising you of other products and services offered by Crester Credit and its associated and related companies, successors and assigns.
- The intended recipients of the information are Crester Credit, other providers of credit, credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Centrix and illion), debt collection agencies, research firms and direct marketing firms engaged by Crester Credit from time to time. We may also supply information about the guarantor to the borrower and about the borrower to the guarantor.
- You authorise the collection and release at any time of any information necessary for or relevant to the purposes set out in clause 4 above (including a credit or fraud check) from and to any person deemed necessary by Crester Credit. You are entitled to request access to, and (if required) correction of, any personal information held about you by Crester Credit.
- You acknowledge and agree that Crester Credit may supply information to and receive information from your family or other members of your household in connection with the purposes set out in clause 4 above. This will typically be the case if Crester Credit is unable to contact you for any reason.
- You consent to receiving emails or other electronic communications from Crester Credit (or its research and marketing agencies) regarding other products and services offered by it and acknowledge that this information may be sent whether or not you have a current loan with Crester Credit.
- You acknowledge that any communications to or from Crester Credit may be recorded for security and staff training purposes.
- Without limiting clause 6 above, you hereby authorise Crester Credit to access your personal information from the following agencies and you also authorise the following agencies to release your personal information to Crester Credit: Personal Property Securities Register, Transport Registry Centre (NZ Transport Agency) Drivers Licence Database, NZ Transport Agency Motor Vehicle Ownership Register, Ministry of Justice (MOJ) and Land Information New Zealand, and any other government agencies.
- You authorise any credit reporting agency to whom we provide information about you to list that information in its systems and use it to provide credit reporting services to its own customers. Crester Credit Co Ltd can now collect and provide comprehensive credit information to credit reporters, including information about customer’s repayment history. For further information see https://www.privacy.org.nz/privacy-act-2020/codes-of-practice/crpc2020/.
- You acknowledge that provision of your driver licence number (or any other identification numbers) to Crester Credit is voluntary and that you consent to Crester Credit disclosing your driver’s licence number (or any other identification numbers) to Equifax, Centrix and illion and other third parties in order to process your credit application.
- You also authorise Crester Credit to regularly monitor your credit record at any credit reporting agency.
- You understand that you can access your personal credit information from Equifax and that if it is incorrect, request that it be corrected. The information can be accessed through by writing to Equifax at Private Bag 92156, Victoria Street, Auckland; or Centrix at PO Box 62512 Greenlane Auckland 1546; or illion at PO Box 9589 Newmarket Auckland 1031.
- You warrant and undertake as follows:
(a) the information given in your loan application is correct to the best of your knowledge and belief and that no information has been withheld that might affect Crester Credit decision on your loan application.
(b) you are not known by any name other than that contained in your loan application and that there are no official documents in NZ or any other country which record any other name or form of name or date of birth for you.
(c) you own the goods listed in your loan application including without limitation all goods offered as security for your loan and that no money is owed to any third party in respect of such goods and that all such goods are free of any security interest, charge or other encumbrance (except as disclosed to and agreed by Crester Credit).
(d) you are over the age of 18 years and are not an undischarged bankrupt or liable under any proceedings under the Insolvency Act 2006 and its amendments.
- You authorise Crester Credit to have its financial interest noted on your insurance policies for any personal property collateral or land granted as security on any loan with Crester Credit Co Ltd.
Financial Risk Disclaimer
The information contained in this website was prepared by Quick Loans (part of Crester Credit Ltd). The opinions expressed in the document and the pages on this site are those of Crester Credit Co Limited. While every care has been taken to supply accurate information, errors and omissions may occur. Accordingly, neither Crester Credit Limited nor any of its directors, staff, advisers and product providers accepts any responsibility or liability for any loss caused as a result of any person relying on the information supplied.
Disclosure of loan refinance and renewal policy
To be eligible for a loan refinance or loan renewal you will need to:
- Fully repay any prior loans or
- Have a good repayment history on your existing loan.The loan application and amount approved will be subject to our discretion and we may request further information to process your application such as bank statements, proof of income or proof of residence.
Annual interest rates
The annual interest rate applicable to our loans is here. The interest rate is based on the profile of the borrower(s) and the collateral offered for the loan. Interest is calculated and accrued on the daily unpaid balance and posted on to the loan on the last day of the month.
Default fees and charges
You should contact us immediately on 0800 200 215 if you are unable to make your regular payment on the loan. We are often happy to modify your payments where possible – just talk to us. It really helps us if you are proactive when experiencing problems. Here is a schedule of our default fees.
Privacy Statement – Introduction
- Collecting your personal information
- Using your personal information
- Sharing your personal information
- Accessing your personal information
- Security of your personal information
- Communication Preferences
- Display of Advertising & Marketing
- Linking to 3rd Party Websites
- Controlling Unsolicited Email (Spam)
- Contacting Us
Collecting your personal information
The information we collect from customers and website visitors helps us to personalise and continually improve your experience at www.quickloans.co.nz.
We may collect personal information from you when you request more information, place a general enquiry via our website, subscribe to our newsletters, choose to take advantage of one of our special offers or apply for a loan.
The information is being collected for all or any of the following purposes:
- To decide whether or not to grant a loan
- Administering the loan
- Enforcing payment and other legal obligations owed by me to Crester Credit Co Ltd
- Advising you of other products and services offered by Crester Credit Co Limited and its associated and related companies, successors and assigns (“Crester Credit”)
- To take up one of our special offers
You have the option to receive our newsletter and other communications but can opt-out of receiving these communications from us.
We may collect information about your interaction with our site and services. For example, we use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website and to retrieve information from your browser including the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you accessed our site; and any search engine, inbound hyperlink and keywords used to reach or find our site and the pages you view within our site.
We also use technologies, such as cookies to collect information about the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on our sites and services. Accepting a cookie will not give us access to any data on your computer other than the data stored in the cookie. You may configure your web browser to not accept cookies.
Our website uses “cookies,” which are small data files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies enable you to browse on our website and may be used in a variety of ways to enhance or personalise your online browsing and booking experience. Cookies may be used to personalise your visits to this website, eliminate the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information, enable us to improve the content, reliability and functionality of this website, evaluate the effectiveness of the advertising on this website and track website usage patterns.
Accepting a cookie will not give us access to any data on your computer other than the data stored in the cookie. You may configure your web browser to not accept cookies.
Controlling unsolicited email (spam)
QuickLoans is concerned about controlling unsolicited commercial email, or “spam.” We will not sell, lease or rent our email customer lists to third parties.
While we continue to actively review and implement new technology, there is no currently available technology that will totally prevent the sending and receiving of unsolicited email. Using junk email tools and being cautious about the sharing of your email address while online will help reduce the amount of unsolicited email you receive.
Linking to 3rd party websites
When you click on links and banners on our site that take you to third party web sites, you will be subject to the third party’s privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, QuickLoans cannot be responsible for the actions of any third party web sites.
Display of advertising & marketing
From time to time we may display ads on our site and the sites of our advertising partners. When we display online advertisements to you, we may place a persistent cookie on your computer in order to recognise your computer each time we display an ad to you.
This enables us to compile information over time about where you, or others who are using your computer, saw and/or clicked on the advertisements we display.
We use this information to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display targeted advertisements that we believe may be of interest to you.
You can stop the delivery of future promotional email from QuickLoans by following the specific instructions in the email you receive. You can subscribe or unsubscribe to newsletters and other forms of communications including special draws, surveys, contests and service related announcements by following the instructions in the communications you receive or contacting QuickLoans directly.
These choices do not apply to the receipt of mandatory service communications that are considered part of QuickLoans services.
Security of your personal information
We take website security extremely seriously, and always endeavour to provide a secure safe platform on which to conduct online applications and transactions.
Accessing your personal information
You are entitled to request access to, and (if required) correction of, any personal information held about you by QuickLoans.
Sharing your personal information
Except as described in this statement, we will not disclose your personal information outside of QuickLoans or to any third parties without your consent.
Otherwise, we will only release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law, facilitate court proceedings, enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or protect the rights, property, or safety of QuickLoans, our users or others.
We may use your collected information to:
- Process your application
- Verify your identity
- Communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail or other means about our products, services and promotions, where you agree to receive such information
- Help us learn more about your browsing preferences and personalise this website in accordance with your preferences
- Improve or update this website and our products / services
- Protect the security or integrity of our website and our business
- Respond to your enquiries and communicate with you if necessary
Using your personal information
We do not sell, rent or lease your personal information to third parties. You can browse www.quickloans.co.nz without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. It is always your choice whether to receive marketing and promotional information from us or not. It is our policy to make any member inactive from our database or mailing list upon the members’ request. Please contact us if you wish to opt out of receiving communications from QuickLoans.