A personal loan is money loaned to you for your own personal use. It can be secured (tied to an asset) or unsecured (no assets required) and is usually dependent on your creditworthiness and ability to pay the money back.
A personal loan can be the solution to a wide range of circumstances where fast cash is needed for an unforeseen expense, such as:
- Emergency car repairs
- Debt consolidation
- Bond for a rental property
- School fees and expenses
- Medical bills or family emergencies.
A personal loan can also be used for those times in life we all look forward to, but often can’t afford at short notice, such as:
- An overseas holiday
- A wedding
- Home renovations
- A new car.
At QuickLoans in Christchurch, we understand that no two circumstances are the same, and we take a flexible approach to the way we offer our personal loans. We look at each individual’s circumstances and we work with you to find the best way to ensure you get the money you need. We’re the finance company in Christchurch with the personal, understanding touch.
Benefits of personal loans
Personal loans have a lot of advantages over other types of credit.
- You pay less interest – personal loan interest rates are usually lower than credit cards or quick cash payday loans.
- They’re more flexible – you can use a personal loan for any purpose, unlike a car loan where the vehicle you purchase is the security for the loan.
- They’re fast – you can apply online or over the phone and approval is usually within 24 hours.
- They’re straightforward – compared with a mortgage or a car loan, personal loans require minimal documentation.
Factors to consider
There are a number of factors you need to consider before opting for instant finance.
- Is it urgent? Is your need for the money so urgent that you can’t wait to get it from any other source (i.e. selling an asset or borrowing from friends or family)?
- Can you afford it? How much do you need and will you be able to pay it back?
- What is the interest rate? What rate is the lender charging and what will it cost you in total over the life of the loan?
- Is it fixed or variable? Is it a fixed interest rate (what you’ll always pay) or variable (could go up costing you more, or down costing you less)?
- How long do you have to pay it back? Is it a short-term loan (often with higher interest) or long term over several years?
- Can you pay it off quicker? Will your lender penalise you with fees for making extra payments?
- What fees will you pay? Are there lots of hidden fees attached to the loan which could make it unaffordable?
Apply for a QuickLoans loan today and you’ll…
Once you submit your application, a friendly QuickLoans rep will contact you within 60 minutes (during business hours). They’ll let you know how much you can borrow, and at what rate. Once you’re happy with the details you’ll get the funds within 24-hours – and often much sooner.
Why pay more than you have to? Our rates are some of the most competitive in New Zealand and will save you hundreds (or thousands) over the long run.
We understand everybody misses a bill from time to time and we won’t hold it against you. If you can afford your loan repayments and have something that we can secure your loan against we’ll do our best to help.
Call us today and you’ll talk to a NZ local in our South Island office, not a foreign call-centre or some computerised hotline. We listen, take time to understand your situation, and work with you to find an outcome that suits your budget and cashflow.
No deposit? No problem. Getting a flexible loan with zero deposit is easier than you think. We simply need to secure your loan against some collateral (property, car, etc…). Just ask us how.
Applying for your loan is really easy
Complete our quick and simple online loan application form in only 5 minutes
Your application is assessed by a human being – not a computer who’ll contact you within 60 minutes
(during business hours)
If you’re loan is approved, after completing the documentation you’ll get your money the same day paid into your bank account
Easy, Fast Loans With Our ‘Digital Signature’ Service
You’re busy. We get that. That’s why you can sign for, and receive your funds, without even leaving your house. Our digital- signature service provides an even more stress-free, convenient service for you. If you’ve got a smart-phone or a computer, you can apply and get approved today!
When Jan needed furniture for her new-look home, she came to us…
Jan is a lady with her hands full. She manages a pharmacy during the day and has dogs and home renovations that keep her busy after hours. She wanted to buy some new furniture for her home. Jan called on Friday and had her loan approved the same day.Read their full story
Brian had a broken car and needed money for engine repairs.
Brian’s car broke down in the car park at the local supermarket. With steam bellowing everywhere, it was obvious that the engine had overheated and needed urgent repair. Brian saw an advertisement for QuickLoans in the newspaper and called us. As Brian worked full-time as the operations manager for a paper company, he was unable to sign the legal documents during work hours. So, we went to him after hours and signed him up right there and then. We also gave him the money straight away.Read their full story
Stuart was stressed about school costs.
Stuart first started with QuickLoans seven years ago after he had separated from his partner and needed to start over. He didn’t have a lot of security at the time and offered his goldfish and tank as part of the collateral! Despite this, QuickLoans were able to find a solution that worked for him. “There were no problems at all, the mobile manager came direct to my house to sign up the loan contract*. The people are friendly and the access to loans is easy. They don’t take long to get."Read their full story