Quick Loans offers a personal loan service in Christchurch for unforeseen circumstances, such as car repairs, school fees, medical bills and family emergencies. Our Christchurch office is located centrally in Riccarton, making it easy for you to complete the application process in person if you wish to.
A personal loan is money lent to you for your personal use. It can be secured, which means it’s tied to an asset or unsecured, where no assets are required for security. The lending amount and amount of security needed will usually depend on your creditworthiness and ability to pay the money back.
Christchurch Personal Loan Benefits
Personal loans have many advantages over other types of credit financing, including:
- You pay less interest – personal loan interest rates are usually lower than credit cards or quick cash payday loans.
- They’re more flexible – you can use a personal loan for any purpose, unlike a car loan where the vehicle you purchase is the security for the loan.
- They’re fast – you can apply online or over the phone, and approval is usually within 60 minutes.
- They’re straightforward – compared with a mortgage or a car loan, personal loans require minimal documentation.
Consideration Factors for Personal Loans
There are several factors you need to consider before opting for a loan:
- Is it urgent? Is your need for the money so critical that you can’t wait to get it from any other source, such as selling an asset or borrowing from friends or family?
- Can you afford it? How much do you need, and will you be able to pay it back?
- What is the interest rate? What rate is the lender charging, and what will it cost you in total over the life of the loan?
- Is it fixed or variable? Is it a fixed interest rate (what you’ll always pay) or variable (could go up costing you more, or down costing you less)?
- How long do you have to pay it back? Is it a short-term loan, which often comes with a higher interest rate or a long-term loan over several years?
- Can you pay it off quicker? Will your lender penalise you with fees for making extra payments?
- What fees will you pay? Are there lots of hidden fees attached to the loan which could make it unaffordable?
Applying for your loan is really easy
Complete our quick and simple online loan application form in only 5 minutes
Your application is assessed by a human being – not a computer who’ll contact you within 60 minutes
(during business hours)
If your loan is approved, after completing the documentation you’ll get your money the same day paid into your bank account
At the Quick Loans’ office in Christchurch, we understand that no two circumstances are the same, and we take a flexible approach to the way we offer our loans. We look at each individual’s circumstances, and we work with you to find the best way to ensure you get the money you need.
Visit the Quick Loans’ Christchurch Office
Visit our Christchurch office, located in Riccarton today, to discuss the best financial solution for you. Alternatively, you can apply online.
When Jan needed furniture for her new-look home, she came to us…
Jan is a lady with her hands full. She manages a pharmacy during the day and has dogs and home renovations that keep her busy after hours. She wanted to buy some new furniture for her home. Jan called on Friday and had her loan approved the same day.Read their full story
Brian had a broken car and needed money for engine repairs.
Brian’s car broke down in the car park at the local supermarket. With steam bellowing everywhere, it was obvious that the engine had overheated and needed urgent repair. Brian saw an advertisement for QuickLoans in the newspaper and called us. As Brian worked full-time as the operations manager for a paper company, he was unable to sign the legal documents during work hours. So, we went to him after hours and signed him up right there and then. We also gave him the money straight away.Read their full story
Stuart was stressed about school costs.
Stuart first started with QuickLoans seven years ago after he had separated from his partner and needed to start over. He didn’t have a lot of security at the time and offered his goldfish and tank as part of the collateral! Despite this, QuickLoans were able to find a solution that worked for him. “There were no problems at all, the mobile manager came direct to my house to sign up the loan contract*. The people are friendly and the access to loans is easy. They don’t take long to get."Read their full story
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply for a personal loan in Christchurch?
You can apply for a personal loan in Christchurch by visiting our office in Riccarton. Alternatively, you can apply online, over the phone or in person.
Do I need to book an appointment to visit the Christchurch office to apply for a personal loan?
Yes, you will need to book an appointment in advance to visit our Christchurch office. To book an appointment at the Christchurch branch, call us on 0800 200 275.
How long does it take to get finance approved?
Our customers need money fast, so we act quickly. Provided you’ve given our finance company all the details, we can let you know if your loan has been approved within 60 minutes of processing your request.
What do I need to bring into the Christchurch office to apply for a loan?
We need to see confirmation of your income, such as a recent payslip or bank statement, proof of your address and some personal identification such as your driver’s licence, passport, bank card or firearms licence. We also need to have a current phone number (mobile or landline) and the registration (number plates) of any cars being used as security.
Do I have to accept the money straight away?
Although most people prefer to get their loan straight away, your loan approval is valid for 14 days once approved.
Are there any fees or costs if I change my mind before accepting the loan?
There are no penalties, fees or costs if you change your mind about accepting the loan before signing the agreement.
Are there extra fees to pay the loan back early?
No. Early repayment of your loan is free for all loans.